Get extra value with Weldstar
Customer Value Commitment
Weldstar is committed to creating value for customers through building relationships and understanding their needs.
Employee Training Focus
The focus on value starts with training employees to better serve markets, including technical and product training.
Extensive Technical Training
Weldstar's technical representatives and customer service team have undergone extensive training programs.
Superior Customer Recognition
Customers recognize Weldstar for superior customer focus and experienced professionals.
Relentless Improvement Pursuit
Weldstar relentlessly pursues continuous improvement to provide value to customers who drive their business.
Weldstar – A Tradition of Excellence
Weldstar has been serving the gas and welding markets in Northern & Central Illinois, Northern & Central Indiana, Southern Wisconsin and Southern Michigan since 1936.
Once known as the James F. Patterson Company, Weldstar has become one of the most trusted names in the gas, welding, and industrial supply market.
In 1969 a young entrepreneur named John Winkle joined new owner James Shennan to help re-brand Weldstar as a customer centric distributor that valued traditional business principles. By placing an emphasis on technical training and uncompromising service, Weldstar forged a reputation as the place to turn for practical solutions that improve the bottom line.
John Winkle would later purchase the company and Weldstar remains in the Winkle family today.
The Weldstar Mission
Weldstar provides superior products coupled with unparalleled customer service and technical support. Our goal is to establish lasting relationships with our customers by pursuing excellence in all we do.
Weldstar – Today
Weldstar remains committed to the values that have fostered the growth of our company. We are focused on doing the right things, for the right reasons.
Weldstar technical experts include: welding engineers, certified weld inspectors, gas delivery system specialists, filler metal consultants, abrasive selection experts as well as a variety of industry partners designed to bring value to our customers.
Weldstar is a member of ASME – the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, AWS – American Welding Society, GAWDA – Gases and Welding Distributor Association and the IWDC – Independent Welding Distributors Cooperative. In addition Weldstar employees serve on organizations responsible for setting future direction of our industry including ASME and AWS committees and sub-committees.
Weldstar employees continue to be the force behind the success of our company. We promise to remain focused on the principle that our success is directly tied to the success of our customers.
Why It's Easier Doing Business With Weldstar
- Average tenure for Weldstar employees is approximately 13 years.
- Drivers and warehouse employees average more than 9 years.
- Technical field representatives average more than 18 years.
- No “hazardous material” or “governmental” compliance charges.
- Monthly billing options for customers in good standing.
- Paperless billing
- In the field and at our customer service desk.
- Continuous training on new products and processes in order to introduce new ideas and improve productivity.
Proactive Customer Service
- Weekly reminder call for following day delivery.
- Order forms with part numbers and package quantities specific to your account.
- Even exchange cylinder maintenance – ensures consistent inventory, often reducing costs associated with handling.
- One size does not fit all – We tailor our programs to best meet your needs.
- Contact numbers for special after hour and weekend emergencies.